Friday, July 31, 2009

Fifth Day at the Mission Site, June 26th







On this day, some of the mission team members volunteered to visit three different High Schools to mentor the students. Our aim was to elevate low self-esteem in youth, discuss career choices and AIDS prevention. When I spoke, the group of high school students began laughing at me. They were only laughing at my accent. I spoke to the students about staying focused and how sometimes family, friends, drugs and alcohol, and boyfriends can deter them from their education. I told them with the help of Jesus and their own self-determination that they could stay focused on getting an education.






I am in the process of developing a sponsor program for the high school I visited. Some of the students are in need of financial aid in order to continue their high school education. More details later.